Creamy Hojicha Oatmeal Bowl
There’s nothing as comforting as a warm bowl of hojicha oatmeal on a cold morning. Roasted green tea is a deliciously healthy alternative to those artificial flavors found in instant oatmeal packets. The best part about cooking rolled oats on a stovetop is being rewarded with a perfectly creamy bowl of oatmeal every single time.
The secret to a creamier consistency is combining the oats with the cold liquids before cooking, and letting the oats stand for a few minutes to thicken. While the toppings are completely optional, adding them isn’t just for making your oatmeal bowl picture perfect as they also provide extra nutrition and contrasting textures.
- 1 tablespoon Hojicha Powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground flax or chia seeds (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 350 ml water
- 120 ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Optional toppings: almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, black sesame seeds, raspberries
- Add 1 tablespoon of hojicha powder, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 teaspoon ground flax or chia seeds, and ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt into a small pot.
- Mix well until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add 350 ml cold water and 120 ml of your favorite type of milk into the oats.
- Stir and let sit for at least 2 minutes.
- Heat the mixture on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and stir in 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Top the breakfast with your desired nuts, seeds, and fruit.